Thursday, February 2, 2012

My Family Planning Ordeal

Hi,
It's been quite a while I wrote in this blog. For those of you who follow my blog, I am truly sorry.  I had a good reason though.

I went to my family planning clinic early December, 2011 to make a complaint about the IUD  they had inserted a year before.

For those of you who don't know what an IUD is, it is an acronym for Inserted Uterine Device.

The Inserted Uterine Device is a family planning method whereby a copper device is inserted into a woman to prevent her from getting pregnant. This method is said to have a 99% success rate.

I hadn't had any problems with it before. But for the past two months, I noticed that my menstrual flow had gotten heavier than usual.

I decided to go back to my family planning clinic to know whether it might be the IUD I had inserted that was causing it. If so, I wanted it removed.

But I was surprised to hear the nurse say she couldn't remove it. In fact she said that she couldn't even see it, which probably meant that it must have shifted from where it was supposed to be and moved farther into the uterus, (which also probably accounted for the heavy menstrual bleeding).

This singular statement resulted into a lot of activities throughout the month of December which led to my going from one hospital to another and from laboratory to laboratory looking for a solution to my problem. If not for God's divine intervention, I wouldn't have spent Christmas and New Year with my family. I would have been in hospital undergoing a major operation.

This story is a true testimony to the power of God and an eye opener for many like me who have little information about the pros and cons of family planning.

I now know that despite what they tell you at the clinic, family planning could actually cause a tragedy if you are not well informed.

I have written a free article concerning my ordeal. If you would like to read all about it, just send a text message with your name and email address to 234-0805-2037371.

In less than 24 hours, you will receive the article. If you are a woman reading this, send your text to me now! This article is especially for you.

I'm happy to say that I am hale and hearty now, but at what cost? All the same, I thank God. It was a real miracle.

I'll be back soon, but before then, I'll be expecting your text message.

Fati.

No comments:

Post a Comment