Thursday, November 18, 2010

Teenagers- The Child/Adult Syndrome

Teenagers- Still children but they think they are already adults.

Even as I speak many parents don't know how they are going to handle their children as they become teenagers.

I could easily say thank God that mine are not yet teenagers but at least those whose children are teenagers are already facing their own and handling it the best way they think that they can.

I, and I know many parents are with me on this, am dreading the day when my oldest son will become a teenager.

Already I can see traces of independence and defiance on some issues. Not to talk of the fact that he thinks he has the right to know what ever is going on at home and in my life for that matter. The junior husband, he calls himself.

How will I handle it when he begins to grow hairs on his body and face, when his voice begins to change and when he begins to develop interest in the opposite sex? How will I handle peer pressure?

I for one am looking for as many good articles and books i can find on this topic not only for my son's teenage years, but my daughter's too. Thank God I don't have to worry about my daughter's own for another 10 years or so.

As soon as i'm able to get good materials that would educate on this all important topic of our children's teenage years, I would communicate it to you. Chao for now.

Fati

No comments:

Post a Comment